Color Combo – Red and Peach

So sorry for the late post today. It’s been that kind of week. On the bright side, I lost 4 pounds this week! However, since I’m going out to a Portuguese restaurant for dinner tonight, that may or may not all go to hell in a hand basket. Here’s to hoping I have some self-control.

Ever since I saw Cece from New Girl rocking peach and red on an episode of New Girl a few months back, I fell in love with the color combo.

Here I recreated the combo with red jeans, and a peach blazer. I also threw in the bubble necklace in aqua and almost took it off before I walked out the door. What do you think? Is it too much? Should I have simply stuck to peach and red?

blazer and bracelets : forever 21 | red jeans : express | blouse : august silk @ annie sez | platform sandals : LC @ Kohls | aqua bubble necklace : ebay

Linking up with Catherine over at Small Town Big Wardrobe!

And Pretty Shiny Sparkly’s Bloggers Do It Better Series!

Posted in we wear and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post. Leave a trackback.

37 Responses to Color Combo – Red and Peach

1. Lory says:

I really love the outfit with the necklace! I don’t have the guts to pull off statement necklaces but it looks fab in this outfit. Also, I am IN LOVE with those shoes!! I’m so sad they are sold out online. :(

2. Grace says:

That peach blazer with that statement necklace is stunning. Have a great weekend! I have a feeling you’ll be looking just as beautiful as in these pictures!

A Southern Drawl

3. Annie says:

This is definitely an awesome color combo! And love love love that blazer on you – so pretty :)

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

4. Sharon says:

Congrats on losing 4 lbs! I love New Girl and I think you did a great job of interpreting Cece’s look!

-Sharon

5. Love the red and peach together, the necklace is the perfect touch!

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

6. crazystylelove says:

Wow, I would have never thought of combining peach and red, but it looks so fabulous! I definitely NEVER would have thought of throwing turquoise into the mix, but it looks so stunning! I might have to steal this idea!

<3 Jenny

7. Franziska says:

I am in LOVE with those jeans! I saw a picture on pinterest once of maroon jeans with leopard flats, and have been on the hunt for some great maroon skinny jeans ever since! Now that I have more inspiration, I’m going to have to really find some! You look great :)

• Catalina says:

Hey Thanks Franziska! I got mine at Express but Jessica Simpson makes a great pair and if you can find it, Old Navy has a great pair as well. Good luck :)

8. Tara says:

This is a color combo I have never thought of….love it!

9. Pingback: color challenge: aqua | small town, big wardrobe

10. Em K says:

this is a great outfit, I love red/burgandy paired with peach or pale pink – it’s such a great combo! the necklace is the perfect finishing touch :)

11. I love this color combo together, I think the aqua necklace is the perfect unexpected addition. I love your peach blazer, and those sandals are seriously amazing!

• Catalina says:

Thanks Laura. Aaah, the tale of those sandals — I searched for them high and low at every Kohl’s in NJ practically… When my search failed, I caved and bought them on ebay for retail price :/. It was well worth the investment though :).

12. Chioma says:

Love how you paired two unlikely colors and made them work perfectly! The necklace was the perfect touch :)

Chioma

13. Hello! I am visiting from BDIB. I love the mixing of the similar hues with the fun pop of color in the necklace. Looks great!
    Best, Whitley

14. Lindsay says:

Love this look! And just the touch of mint! Perfect!

15. I love it, and the pop of aqua puts it over the top, you’re gorgeous! Visiting from BDIB, love your blog!

16. Pingback: Trickle Down Inspiration: Peach and Red | One Mind, Two Coasts

17. I totally dig the peach and red and I def think that the necklace is a great touch–not to clashy at all! Lovely look!

18. Absolutely adore this! I have the same necklace and just wore it with fuchsia pants yesterday; loving it with your pants and those fabulous heels!

alyson

19. Miss ED says:

Your detail shots are amazing, I love that shoe shot… enough to want to run to Kohl’s at 3 am lol

20. Great outfit especially the necklace!

21. Val says:

love how you mixed the colors great styling & love the arm party
    xoxo